Last Updated on
A New Mexico driving record is a report showing your driving history, including violations, suspensions, accidents and any other convictions. You must always check your driving record. This is important because your company or employer may use this record when determining your car insurance rates or employment opportunities for you.
About Your New Mexico Driving Record
Motor Vehicle Division in New Mexico is the department responsible for keeping records of licensed drivers and driving record requests. New Mexico driving record shows a driving history for the past three years, with some exceptions. These exceptions include:
- Points for moving violations
- Traffic tickets
- DWI convictions
- Driver’s license revocations or suspensions
- Accidents in which you’ve been involved
- Other driving-related convictions or infractions.
You can request an unofficial copy of your New Mexico driving record for yourself, or a certified copy for insurance, legal or employment purposes.
Ordering a New Mexico Driving Record
You can request your New Mexico driving record from MVD:
- Online (unofficial copies only)
- By phone
- In person
- By fax.
To obtain an unofficial copy of your New Mexico driving record, an Online Driver History Records Service is used to view them. You will need to provide:
- Your date of birth
- Your New Mexico driver’s license number
- Your Social Security number (the last 4 digits)
- A credit card for fees payment (MasterCard, VISA or American Express).
Note: $6.63 fees are needed as payment for your driving record.
To request a New Mexico driving record or MVR in person, take the following to the nearby New Mexico Department of Motor Vehicle office:
- A completed Form MVD-11260 (Confidential Records Release form).
- When applying in person, the fee is not required.
- To request a New Mexico driving record by fax, you will need:
- A completed Form MVD-11260 (Confidential Records Release form) to (505) 827-2792
- Make sure to include your name, telephone and physical address.
To request your New Mexico driving Record by phone, call the department of Motor Vehicle Division using the hotline (888) 683-4636.
Correcting Your Driving Record
If you find errors on your New Mexico driving record, call the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Department at (888) 683-4636 to help you rectify it. This department will rectify the error and notify you within 48 hours. You need to keep a clean driving history so as to get cheap car insurance premiums or to avoid driver’s license suspension.