North Dakota driving record is also referred to driver abstract. You can order your driving record from the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT). This is a document that shows your driving history, including your driver’s license suspension, traffic violations, convictions, tickets and other information. It is important for you to check your driving record to ensure that it is correct. Incorrect and unclean records will impact you negatively with regard to driver’s license application, insurance application and transacting legal or business matters.
North Dakota Driving Records Information
Your North Dakota driving records contain history on:
- Accumulated driver license points
- Traffic tickets
- Accident records
- Traffic violations and convictions
- Driver’s license suspensions
- Commercial driver information.
A North Dakota driving record is only issued if you have a written consent from the driver whose record you are requesting.
Types of North Dakota Driving Records
There are two types of North Dakota driving record that you can request:
- Online driver abstracts
- Complete driver abstracts.
Online Driver Abstracts
Online driving record can be ordered from North Dakota DOT website. You will only receive a limited version of this record which you can either view, print or save in your computer. A typical online driving record for North Dakota drivers does not show:
- Cash information
- Information more than 3 years old
- Tickets with less than 3 points
- Driver’s license suspension older than 3 years old.
Complete Driver Abstract
You can also request your complete North Dakota driving record. This record shows an entire history of your driving experiences. This record can be ordered in person by visiting the DOT office using their physical address below: 608 E. Boulevard Ave Bismarck, ND 58505
Who Can See Your North Dakota Driving Abstract?
The following is a list of entities that can see your driving record:
- A person with written consent from the driver
- Court or law enforcement
- Security agencies
- Licensed private investigators
- An employer requesting it to verify their driver license information.
Ordering Your North Dakota Driving Record
You can order a limited North Dakota driving record online, by mail or by fax. For complete driving record, you can only order them in person or by mail.
You can order your limited driving record online through Drivers License Record Request System offered by North Dakota DOT’s official website. To use this request system, you must:
- Provide your personal information as required
- Enter driver information
- Verify you are request
- Select the driver
- Submit payment for driving record requested.
To request a limited North Dakota driving record by mail, you will need to:
- Fill and complete Form SFN 51386 (Request for Driver Abstract)
- Enclose a $3 money order or check.
Mail the above package to: Driver’s License & Traffic Safety Division 608 East Boulevard Ave. Bismarck, ND 58505
To order your limited North Dakota driving record by fax:
- Send Form SFN 51386 (Request for Driver Abstract) by fax
- Include your credit card number, CVV number and expiration date.
The above package must be faxed to (701) 328-2435. Your driving record will be sent to you via mail.
Fees for North Dakota Driving Records
The standard fee for all requests is $3 regardless of the means of ordering it.
- Acceptable Payment Methods
- Online or By Fax-credit card is needed
- By Mail, checks or money orders are accepted.
Rectifying your North Dakota driving record
If you find errors on your North Dakota driving record, contact the North Dakota Department of Transportation to get them corrected.