Research your DNEPR with our VIN Checker
Enter your DNEPR's 17-digit VIN above to check your motorcycle VIN. We will show your vehicle specification and full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, detailed vehicle records, accidents, titles, and more. This information is compiled by VinFreeCheck.com from multiple sources including but not limited to DMVs, police records, insurance database and made public as a free, informational resource.
Dnipro MT, commonly pronounced as Dnepr or Dnieper, is a heavy road motorcycle brand name that features motorcycles with a sidecar. The Kyiv Motorcycle Factory manufactures this brand.
Founded in 1945, this brand established itself as the basis of military production lines of the Kyiv Panzer Factory. Its first production, the K-1B-Kyivlianin motorbike, was a complete copy of the German Wanderer 1Sp bike that was gifted to the USSR as reparation after WW2 ended.
DNEPR motorcycles were crafted from the BMW R-71 and the BMW M-72 Soviet Union copy. The model evolved through different model series like the K-650 and the K-750. These bikes were created with overhead valve engines. The K-index changed to MT in 1970, which saw the model K-650 change to MT-8.
In 1971, the MT-9 model was introduced. The bike came with modern improvements like the MT 804 gearbox that has rear-drive features and an automatic clutch switch-off. It also came with direction indicators and reflecting lamp. The model was later equipped with a new fuel tank, which was later adopted in all MT models.
Over the years, the DNEPR motorcycles have undergone modifications to include sidecar wheel drive, automatic clutch mechanism as well as an electronic ignition system. The company has manufactured more than three million bikes since 1967.
Interesting facts about DNEPR
- Its first motorcycle was a simple that featured only 2hp, a 2-speed gearbox, no rear suspension, and bicycle peddles.
- The DNEPR and Ural bike brands share a lot of similarities and may even look the same at first glance. However, they are different in terms of engine construction, the material used, and placement.
- DNEPR MT has been a common occurrence in Russian movies. It has also featured in the legendary Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark movie and in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Once it was established that the DNEPR 11 was the ideal bike for tuning, the Rockers (First Soviet Bikers) chose it as the bike of choice for their movement. They worked on the bikes and turned them into artsy pieces, which were later sold as private collections.
- The first DNEPR export motorbike appeared in the marker in 1976. Most bikers went for these models as they were more advanced than the initial models.
- The export models were limited and were never availed in the Soviet Union market.
Supported VIN CHECK FOR DNEPR Models
|DNEPR||MT 10||1974 - 1976||1|
|DNEPR||MT 11||1980 - 1999||1|
|DNEPR||K 650||1967 - 1974||1|
|DNEPR||MT-9||1968 - 1974||1|
|DNEPR||M-72H||1956 - 1959||1|
|DNEPR||MW750||1964 - 1973||1|
|DNEPR||K-750 M||1963 - 1980||1|
|DNEPR||MT-10/36||1976 - 1980||1|
Where to find my VIN Number?
You can find your VIN through the lower right of the windshield, and under the hood of your front engine.
As for Motorcycle VIN, you can lookup your VIN on the motorcycle frame, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires all "two wheelers" or "three wheelers" or ATV to have the VIN displayed on the frame.
You can also do a VIN lookup or VIN number lookup on your insurance card/policy. You can learn more on how to locate your VIN from our guides as shown on the right side.
Locate Your Car VIN Number
VIN is an important piece of information you need to have. But where do you find it on your car? This guide is aimed to show you the different locations you can find the VIN of your CarLearn More
Locate Your Motorcycle VIN Number
Every motorcycle manufacturer display the VIN on different locations. The vast majority of motorcycles we came across display the VIN and frame number on the right side of the head stock tube.Learn More