Research your HUSABERG with our VIN Checker
Enter your HUSABERG's 17-digit VIN above to check your motorcycle VIN. We will show your vehicle specification and full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, detailed vehicle records, accidents, titles, and more. This information is compiled by VinFreeCheck.com from multiple sources including but not limited to DMVs, police records, insurance database and made public as a free, informational resource.
Husaberg is a motorcycle manufacturing brand that was established in 1988. It was created after the 1987 purchase of the Husqvarna Swedish Company’s motorcycle division by Cagiva, an Italian company. After the purchase, Cagiva moved the production division to Varese in Italy.
Husaberg was created by a team of engineers led by Thomas Gustavsson remained in Sweden to work on their project. In January 1988, the group of engineers officially registered Husaberg Motor AB. The first shop was set up in a town called Husabergs Udde. This was where the company’s name was derived from.
Between 1988 and 1995, Husaberg participated in races as a way of building their brand's reputation. The brand won the Enduro World Championship in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, and 1988. It also won the FIM 500cc Motorcross World Championship continuously between 1995 and 1998.
However, the engineers running the company focused more on technical innovations and less on making bikes to raise funds. Even the heightened success in the racing tracks was not enough to keep the company going. Eventually, the company had to be sold to an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer.
Interesting facts about Husaberg
- The name was only made official during a Skillingaryd enduro race when the founder was forced to declare what make his motorcycle was.
- The company did not have enough funds to hire professional racers and instead worked with rookies.
- In 1995, the brand was purchased by KTM, an Austrian motorcycle manufacturing company.
- Since 2003, the Husaberg brand is produced in the Mattighofen located KTM factory. Even so, the motorsport factory is still in Sweden.
- KTM adopted the ‘ready to race’ slogan that was used by Husaberg.
- Husaberg later adopted the slogan ‘4 stroke force,’ which was in line with their exclusive production of four-stroke bikes until 2012. Until then, they were the best four-stroke producers in terms of performance. Today, the brand uses the slogan ‘Pure Enduro.’
- The last Husaberg brand bike was manufactured in 2014 after the KTM CEO purchased a 100% stake in Husqvarna AG from BMW.
- The brand was renamed to Husqvarna Sportmotorcycle GmbH. The company now uses the Husaberg technology under the brand name Husqvarna.
- The brand has won a multitude of races, including the Junior Enduro World championship in 2005/2006 and the Oriol Mena in 2009.
Supported VIN CHECK FOR HUSABERG Models
|2002 - present
|1988 - present
|2011 - present
|2006 - present
|2005 - present
|2010 - present
Where to find my VIN Number?
You can find your VIN through the lower right of the windshield, and under the hood of your front engine.
As for Motorcycle VIN, you can lookup your VIN on the motorcycle frame, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires all "two wheelers" or "three wheelers" or ATV to have the VIN displayed on the frame.
You can also do a VIN lookup or VIN number lookup on your insurance card/policy. You can learn more on how to locate your VIN from our guides as shown on the right side.
Locate Your Car VIN Number
VIN is an important piece of information you need to have. But where do you find it on your car? This guide is aimed to show you the different locations you can find the VIN of your CarLearn More
Locate Your Motorcycle VIN Number
Every motorcycle manufacturer display the VIN on different locations. The vast majority of motorcycles we came across display the VIN and frame number on the right side of the head stock tube.Learn More