Decode Your Lamborghini VIN

View Sample Report: 2FMGK5BC9CBD21837

Lamborghini

Research your Lamborghini with our VIN decoder

Enter your Lamborghini's 17-digit VIN above to decode your VIN. We will show your vehicle specification and full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, detailed vehicle records, accidents, titles, and more. This information is compiled by VinFreeCheck.com from multiple sources including but not limited to DMVs, police records, insurance database and made public as a free, informational resource.

We also have a list of Lamborghini's squish VIN information available in the table below. A squish vin is basically the first 11 characters of the full VIN Number. However, it does not contain the 9th character, which is a check digit to check the validity of a VIN number. With squish VIN, you can manually decode your Lamborghini's VIN with just pen and paper. To learn more check out, What is a VIN Number

MAKEMODELYEARSQUISH VIN
Lamborghini Aventador 2012 ZHWUC1ZDCL
Lamborghini Diablo 2001 ZA9DU01B1L
Lamborghini Gallardo 2013 ZHWGU6AUDL
Lamborghini Murcielago 2004 ZHWBU16M4L
Lamborghini Reventon 2008 ZHWBU77S8L

About Lamborghini

The luxurious Lamborghini evolved from a small contractor's company. The brand was named after the owner Ferruccio Lamborghini and it was established in 1963. An Italian born, wealthy entrepreneur who is also known for producing tractor from military spares.

His venture into making high-tech cars can be traced to an instance between him and Enzo Ferrari- a brand known for making classy cars. History has it that Ferruccio Lamborghini bought a Ferrari with a clutch that was giving him problems. He decided to approach Enzo Ferrari who rudely showed him the way to the door. Ferrucio was challenged and in a bid to show Enzo Ferrari what he is capable of - the classy Lamborghini was born.

With the recruitment of the movers and shakers in the car industry and even Ferarri's previous employees., Ferruccio Lamborghini was able to introduce its first car, 350GT. It was widely accepted thus, bringing the brand to the limelight. The Miura was later introduced in 1966, a high-performance car that turns Lamborghini into a legend. Most of the cars were named after the bullfighting breeder. The likes of Miura, a reference to Don Eduardo Miura. More interestingly, the logo was also a symbol of Ferrucio’s zodiac sign.

However, In 1972, the company experienced major setbacks due to the worldwide financial crisis and hike in oil prices. Ferrucio was left with no option than to sell its 51% asset to Georges-Henri Rossetti and the remaining 49% of the company to René Leimer in 1974. After the termination of all contracts, the brave Ferruccio retired to his estate.

Over the years, the company entered bankruptcy and through the intervention of the court, Jean-Claude and Patrick Mimran, car enthusiasts, were appointed to get the company back on its feet. Mimran later became the CEO in 1980. He successfully brought back the glory of the company but in 1987, he sold the corporation to the Chrysler Corporation. Chrysler renamed the company to Nuova Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A.

Between 1994 to 1997, this was the time in which the company ownership was passed to the Easterners. An Indonesian and Malaysian company called Mycom Setdco and V'Power Corporation. After a major financial crisis in Asia, Volkswagen Group, a German corporation, acquired Lamborghini.

Despite the hardship, the company is still known for its prestigious cars and has managed to overcome its challenges.

Where to find my VIN Number?

You can find your VIN through the lower right of the windshield, and under the hood of your front engine.

As for Motorcycle VIN, you can lookup your VIN on the motorcycle frame, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires all "two wheelers" or "three wheelers" or ATV to have the VIN displayed on the frame.


You can also do a VIN lookup or VIN number lookup on your insurance card/policy. You can learn more on how to locate your VIN from our guides as shown on the right side.

  • Locate Your Car VIN Number

    VIN is an important piece of information you need to have. But where do you find it on your car? This guide is aimed to show you the different locations you can find the VIN of your Car

    Learn More
  • Locate Your Motorcycle VIN Number

    Every motorcycle manufacturer display the VIN on different locations. The vast majority of motorcycles we came across display the VIN and frame number on the right side of the head stock tube.

    Learn More