Last Updated on
If you have acquired a motorcycle in Oklahoma, you must register and title it to operate it on roads or off-roads. Even if you own a motorcycle that is not in use, you must register it and keep it.
The process of registering your motorcycle is similar to that of registering a car. You can do it with the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) or at your local tag agent. Initial motorcycle registration must be done in person at any of the above locations.
You can renew your motorcycle registration through mail. To begin the renewal process, you will need to send the following requirements to your local tag agent or Oklahoma Tax Commission:
- Motorcycle renewal notice postcard.
- Proof of motorcycle liability insurance.
- Check or money order to pay the renewal fees. The checks and money order should be made payable to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Make sure that you write your motorcycle driver’s license number on the money order or check.
The registration renewal fees for motorcycles vary depending on the age of your motorcycle. Your motorcycle registration renewal fee will be included on your motorcycle renewal notice postcard.
Here is a listing of the motorcycle registration renewal fees by the years of registration:
- $94 for the 1st to 4th year.
- $84 for the 5th to 8th year.
- $64 for the 9th to 12th year.
- $44 for the 13th to 16th year.
- $24 for 17th year and over.
Your motorcycle registration renewal fees are listed on your motorcycle renewal notice postcard. The following additional fees may also be added to your renewal fees:
- $150 for registration decal mailing fee.
- $3 for license plate mailing fee.
- $1.5 for liability Insurance Verification.
You must mail your motorcycle renewal applications and payment, and other required documentation to the address below.
Oklahoma Tax Commission
P.O. Box 26940
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
You can also request personalized license plates to mount on your motorcycle. To do so, you will need to download a copy of Motorcycle Personalized License Plate Application form. You will need to complete this form and bring it to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) or local tag agent, along with regular registration fee and taxes plus additional $24.