In Utah, vehicle owners are required to have appropriate license plates on their vehicles. Before getting plates, they must register their motor vehicles in the state. The rear plates should have up-to-date validation stickers. Failure to stick to those rules may incur additional fees when renewing their vehicle registration. The Utah Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) handles vehicle registration. To register in Utah for the first time, an Application for a Utah Title must be completed.
A Utah license plate lookup contains important information because it gives all the relevant details one would want to know about a vehicle. Say you’re thinking of buying a secondhand vehicle. A license plate lookup is an imperative part of the process.
Where to Find Your Utah License Plate Number
You can easily find your plate number by looking at the issued license plate attached to your car. However, if you don't have access to your car, you can check the license plate number by looking at your car’s Utah vehicle registration certificate.
How to Get License Plates in Utah
To get license plates in the state of Utah, one needs to complete the vehicle registration process first.
What you need to register your vehicle in Utah
- A completed Vehicle Application for Utah Title (Form TC-656)
- Your current out-of-state vehicle registration certificate
- Your Bill of Sale
- A completed Certificate of Inspection (Form TC-661)
- Proof of passing a safety inspection and/or emissions test - if applicable
- Your current UT driver's license
- Proof of ownership
- Proof of Utah car insurance
- Payment for registration fees
What to do to register your vehicle in Utah
- Step 1: Before registration, take your car to an Inspections Station for an emission test if it is required in your county
- Step 2: Visit your local DMV Office
- Submit all the required documents
- Pay the required fees
- Step 3: The DMV will mail you your plates and decals that show your expiration details. You might receive your plates and decals in as little as 8 days, or as long as 4-6 weeks
What's in A License Plate Lookup Report
VinFreeCheck’s Utah license plate lookup is a free service that will be your essential helper in getting important details about a vehicle. Its data is taken from reliable sources: from insurance companies to repair shops. It is an automated run of a license plate number against several online databases to fetch all details associated with that license plate.
Our free license plate lookup offers users detailed information about;
- The present market value of the vehicle of interest
- Technical specifications of the vehicle
- The vehicle’s fuel efficiency
- Whether or not the vehicle is certified safe for transport
- Any Warranty offers available on the vehicle
- Information on previous checks carried out on the vehicle
- A list of accidents the vehicle has been involved in if any
- Total distance traveled with the vehicle
- Make of the vehicle
- Year the vehicle was made
- Manufacturer details
Benefits of Getting the Report
You will get to see if a vehicle has a branded title and understand if it has been involved in major mishaps that resulted in it being declared a total loss. The branded title tells you whether the vehicle is safe to drive or not and about any major damages it has sustained, and the type of damage. It also depicts whether the car has been repaired and rebuilt, and is now safe to drive.
By doing a license number plate check, you can check a vehicle's theft records. Sometimes, the record might state the car as currently stolen. This leads to the conclusion that the seller is not the actual owner of the car. If you come across this situation, you should probably report it to the police.
There are several inspections done on the car to make sure that it's meeting emission goals set by the state of Utah. A license plate lookup will disclose whether the vehicle has passed or failed its most recent inspection.
Avoid Car Registration Issues
A license lookup will list out the problems that are associated with the car's registration. You can check out the details to get an explanation as to why the state's authorities aren't making the car road legal.
License plate lookup presents the past sale records of the vehicle. It will offer you an idea of what price the vehicle was previously sold, and the best price you can pay for it now.
Is It Legal to Perform a License Plate Lookup?
VinFreeCheck guarantees you 100% reliable data taken from officially registered sources such as the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB). This lookup is legal as the data provided does not contain any personal information about the vehicle’s owner and is therefore in line with the DPPA (Drivers Privacy Protection Act). Plus, the government is keen to reduce used car fraud and auto theft. So go ahead and run a quick search on that vehicle!
State Based Informational Guides
We have compiled a list of state specific guides for you. Feel free to check them out.