Research your BIGDOG with our VIN Checker
Enter your BIGDOG's 17-digit VIN above to check your motorcycle VIN. We will show your vehicle specification and full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, detailed vehicle records, accidents, titles, and more. This information is compiled by VinFreeCheck.com from multiple sources including but not limited to DMVs, police records, insurance database and made public as a free, informational resource.
Big Dog Motorcycles, a company based in Wichita, Kansas, USA, was founded in 1994. It built its first machine which was fondly named ‘Old Smokey’ in its first year of production. The company had hit $2M in sales by 1997 and it moved to larger premises in the year 2000.
The company’s rate of production picked up rapidly and its 20,000th machine rolled out of production in 2006. It was also producing more than 25 motorcycles per day by 2007, was working with 100 associated dealers and had a 300-strong staff working in its factory.
Production slowed down due to what was known as the ‘Great Recession’ in 2008 and eventually shut down altogether in April 2011. Intrust Bank filed for the closure of the company’s property in 2013.
However, that did not mark the end of Big Dog as behind closed doors, a comeback strategy was taking shape. This was actualized with the 2017 model lineup which introduced ultra-modern machines with fully re-designed electronic systems. The new models also featured bulletproof transmission as well as the S&S 124‒the largest production motor to feature on the frame of a Big Dog.
The company has nine motorcycle models to its name as follows: the Ridgeback; the Mastiff; the K-9; the Husky; the Coyote; the Boxer; the Pitbull; the Wolf; and the Bulldog which is the most recent addition to the range.
- The Pitbull model, which is a production motorcycle, won the ‘Excellence in Motorcycling’ award in the 2007 V-Twin Expo. All current Big Dog bikes can be said to be cruiser or chopper style machines.
- The company’s bikes are famous for their wide range of customized options which include many options of accessories such as custom made seats, grips, storage bags, windshields, exhausts and sissy bars. Consumers are also allowed to choose among the sixty-nine paint and graphics options provided.
- The Big Dog motorcycle company is renowned for the manufacture of high-performance road bikes.
- The company is the largest production and custom bike manufacturer in the world.
- More than 30,000 machines have been delivered all over the world.
Supported VIN CHECK FOR BIGDOG Models
Where to find my VIN Number?
You can find your VIN through the lower right of the windshield, and under the hood of your front engine.
As for Motorcycle VIN, you can lookup your VIN on the motorcycle frame, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires all "two wheelers" or "three wheelers" or ATV to have the VIN displayed on the frame.
You can also do a VIN lookup or VIN number lookup on your insurance card/policy. You can learn more on how to locate your VIN from our guides as shown on the right side.
Locate Your Car VIN Number
VIN is an important piece of information you need to have. But where do you find it on your car? This guide is aimed to show you the different locations you can find the VIN of your CarLearn More
Locate Your Motorcycle VIN Number
Every motorcycle manufacturer display the VIN on different locations. The vast majority of motorcycles we came across display the VIN and frame number on the right side of the head stock tube.Learn More